Thursday, September 19, 2019

Exclusive: Bill Hader on How He Became a Cinephile and Advice for Fellow Film Fans



Interview Excerpt:

HADER: ... And also, to be honest the movie that made me go from film geek to someone actively trying to make stuff was the first Evil Dead movie, because I saw how they did it. It was a bit like loving music. Like loving Rush or Frank Zappa or whatever and you’re like, “I don’t know how they do it,” and then hearing punk for the first time and going, “Oh I see how they’re doing that super effectively, and I think I can actually possibly do that.” You know? They don’t have a lot of money and they’re figuring it out, and Evil Dead‘s a great movie.

Ellen Sandweiss who plays Cheryl in Evil Dead, her daughter is Jessy Hodges, who plays Lindsey on Barry, Sally’s agent. So when I met her, she was like, “My mom did some acting.” I go, “On what?” “She’s in something called The Evil Dead.” I’m like, “WHAT!? If that movie didn’t exist, I wouldn’t exist!” I told her it’s one of my favorite things. That had a big impact on me.

Click Here For The Full Interview - Source: collider.com

No comments: