Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Exclusive: Filmmaker Michael Kallio Talks Proof of Concept Ash vs. Evil Dead Short Film



From dreadcentral.com:

Within the last 48 hours you’ve probably seen it making the rounds on social media: the nearly pitch perfect, seven-minute “Ash vs. Evil Dead” short film “Auntie Linda’s Bake Off,” written and directed by LA filmmaker Michael Kallio as a director “proof of concept” piece for the STARZ show of the same name. If not, we’ve got it right here for you as well as a few stills and an exclusive chat with Kallio so read on!

“I shot it to be a calling card in the hopes of getting directing work on ‘Ash vs. Evil Dead,’ but unfortunately, that hasn’t happened yet,” offered Kallio of his film, which stars Betsy Baker (who portrayed “Linda” in 1981’s seminal The Evil Dead), indie darling Sarah Nicklin (Nun of That, Exhumed), Greg Dow, and Emily Charouhas. “So I decided at the very least I could put it online for the fans to enjoy since I feel like I captured the tone of the show and the series of movies. We had no money and hardly any crew, but I’m pretty proud of what we all did. It fits into that world.

Click Here To Watch And For More Info

No comments: