Friday, August 28, 2015

Lucy Lawless Joined ‘Ash Vs. Evil Dead’ For the Laughs, Not the Action



Although she admits she’s never exactly been one to crave physical roles, Lucy Lawless is definitely back in action.

Long after her iconic stint as the titular “Xena: Warrior Princess,” Hollywood still wants to see the actress as an action heroine. “The industry thinks of my persona as being six foot tall and full of grit and muscles, and, in fact, I’m a lady who doesn’t like sports at all and really doesn’t care,” she chuckled. “But my fans seem to be very forgiving if I go off in other directions, which I have. I ain’t complaining; put it that way.”

But she’s about to take on a new self-described “badass bitch” role as Ruby on “Ash vs. Evil Dead,” Starz’s upcoming television sequel to the enduring horror-comedy film franchise created by Sam Raimi and Lawless’ producer husband Rob Tapert (also the creative team behind “Xena”). Along with the familial connections, Lawless says the job was tremendously appealing because longtime “Evil Dead” star and old pal Bruce Campbell “wanted me around because I laugh at his jokes.”

Click Here For More - Source: spinoff.comicbookresources.com

No comments: