Friday, March 12, 2010

Top 5 Must See *Macho* Movies



Charlotta Hedman
writes:

I have a confession to make: I love macho movies.

That means pretty much anything with explosions, zombies or mindless violence will do it for me. I don't think I'm alone in this, however most of these films aren’t really marketed to girls and therefore get overlooked.

Here's a short introduction to some classic macho flicks...

The Evil Dead 1 – 3

The Evil Dead movies will always have a special place in my heart. They were my introduction to gory C-horror films and since then my love for anything with zombies has only grown stronger. They were directed by a young and nerdy Sam Raimi, who later went on to greater things (the Spiderman films).

Evil Dead represent everything that's great about this genre, abandoned cabins in the middle of a dark forest, stupid teenagers, H.P. Lovecraft references, chainsaws, demons and possessed hands. The first two film were made on a shoe-string budget and are the real deal, the guys making them really loved their genre and it shows.

No comments: