Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ted Raimi Interview: “We’re Living in a Golden Age of Fantasy Movies and TV”



Brent Hartinger writes:
We caught up with Ted at the recent premiere of Spartacus: Blood and Sand and managed to pull him aside for a few questions about his time on Xena, his genre-intensive acting career, and his reoccurring guest spot on Legend of the Seeker.

TTO: When you and Sam were kids out making your movies, did you really think you’d be able to do that kind of stuff as adults?

Ted Raimi: I can’t say for Sam, naturally, but I didn’t think these genre movies that I loved so much would ever be so popular. When I was a kid, this was only B-movies. This was only second-reels and stuff you see on TV. It never really reached the theaters in such massive amounts.

I think it’s a wonderful departure from movies in the 70s and 80s. We’ve gotten away from the harsh realities of the 70s, the goofiness of the 80s, the sort of blasé “removedness,” if that’s a word, of the 90s, and now we’re in sort of a fantasy play-world.

For me, this is sort of the golden age of movies and TV, and I’m very lucky to be living through it.


Click Here To Read More! - Source: thetorchonline.com

Bonus: "The Many Faces Of Ted Raimi" - YouTube - SongKilla

No comments: