Friday, February 26, 2010

Exclusive: Bruce Campbell calls 'Evil Dead 4' rumors 'baloney'



Jarett Wieselman
writes:

Last night at the USA Characters Appreciated party I had the opportunity to chat with "Burn Notice" star Bruce Campbell -- a man I've idolized since first experiencing "Evil Dead" when I was 10 years old. Also known as too young to fully grasp how naughty that tree was actually being.

So naturally when I met the man, the myth, the legend, I had to ask about the status of "Evil Dead 4," a movie that's rumored to be in the works. Sadly for me -- and the rest of the world -- Bruce had some bad news.

"It's really all baloney at this point," Bruce told PopWrap exclusively. "We'd love to do it, but by the time we get around to writing it, Ash is gonna have to be in a walker!" Considering it's been almost 20 years since the actor stepped into Ash's boots, the jibe is understandable. But I can't be the only one who'd pay to see another Ash-venture, no matter his age!

Thankfully, Bruce wants fans to hold out hope. "Now that Sam [Raimi, director] isn't doing "Spider-Man 4" he is available. So if he gets call waiting, maybe I can get through!" Gosh, I'd think that if anyone had a direct line to Sam Raimi (via his own personal Bat-phone), it'd be Bruce!


Source: www.nypost.com

No comments: