Monday, May 4, 2009

EVIL DEAD 2 is now featured on Turner Classic Movies



You couldn’t get this movie for money or love on VHS between 1987 and the early 1990’s. If you caught it on late night cable, you got lucky. I went through serious moolah at SunCoast to get it. Seriously, I paid $30 for a tape of it just so I could VIEW IT FOR THE FIRST TIME. Now it’s considered a “Turner’s Classic.”

Here’s what I believe this means for horror… It’s an amazing film and was controversial no less than 18 years ago. Now it’s considered so tame, TCM is showing it unedited as we speak. Remember when this film had to be released unrated because it couldn’t get an R? The first “Evil Dead” got an rating of X. Now it’s considered TCM material. I don’t know how to feel about that.

Click Here To Read More - Source: www.smalltowncritic.com
More Info Here - Source: www.tcm.com

No comments: