Thursday, February 12, 2009

Campbell soup for the self: Actor Bruce Campbell talks about playing himself



Campbell's own sense of humor is surprisingly retro: He loves the Marx Brothers, Buster Keaton and other comic geniuses of the past.

"I'm a big fan of guys like Danny Kaye, vintage Bob Hope. ... Jackie Gleason was one of my influences. When I was a kid, guys like Phil Silvers were still on the air. The Three Stooges were my afterschool staple."

There are traces of the styles of several of those legends in Campbell's portrayal of Bruce Campbell, who -- because of his heroic persona on-screen -- ends up being recruited by the terrified residents of a small town to battle a vicious Chinese demon.
"As an actor, I didn't have to worry about imitating Bruce Campbell," Campbell said. "... So it became a question of how extreme you wanted to go."


Click Here To Read More - Source: www.mlive.com

No comments: