Friday, February 27, 2009

Bruce Campbell interview: Hail to the king, baby



Campbell, who is of Scottish descent ("my ancestors were harness makers who came over to upstate New York in the mid 1700s"), has a few theories about the Campbell cult. "I think they like irreverent stuff. I do too. The Evil Dead movies are also the classic collegiate, escape-from-home, smoke-a-joint-and-laugh-your-ass-off-at-a-movie experience. Plus, of all the horror series, Ash is the only guy who's a good guy. Jason (from Friday the 13th] and Freddy (from A Nightmare on Elm Street] are assholes. Ash is very much the average guy next door, so that might be part of it. And because I'm attracted to more off-kilter stuff, the stuff that I do is on a smaller scale and the people that follow what I do, they follow it more intensely."

Click Here For More - Source: thescotsman.scotsman.com

No comments: